Steve from Chicago, Illinois loves taco salad and wants to bring to work for lunch with more flavor and without being soggy.
- 1/2 Pound lean ground meat
- 1 TBS cumin
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 4 Corn tortillas
- Iceberg lettuce (Variable Amount)
- Spring mix lettuce (Variable Amount)
- Tillamook sharp cheddar (Variable Amount)
- Roma tomatoes (Variable Amount)
- Green onions (Variable Amount)
- Black olives (Variable Amount)
- 2 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 Cup ranch dressing
Procedure: In a hot pan cook ground meat with cumin and chili powder and set aside once cooked through completely.
Strain using paper towels to soak up grease.
In a separate pan add in vegetable oil and fry off corn tortillas and mold them inside plastic container.
Add lettuces, cheese, green onions, tomatoes, and olives inside of molded tortilla shell.
Place cellophane over taco salad mix then place meat on top of cellophane and place cover on top.
In a mixing bowl, add chopped chipotle peppers into ranch dressing, stir and add in a small to go container with a lid.
Add salsa (see Huevos Ranchero video) to a separate to go container with a lid.