Basmati Rice with Sweet Onions, Summer Herbs & Dried Cherries
Katy of Denver, Colorado says something is off in here herbed basmati rice.
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice (about 10 ounces)
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions (such as Vidalia or Walla Walla)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- ¼ Cup Dried Cherries
- ¼ Toasted Walnut
Procedure: Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear; set aside. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add rice, 2 1/2 cups water, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in herbs, cherries, & walnuts. Season with pepper and more salt, if desired. Transfer to bowl and serve.