Pork Chops With Glazed Apples and Sweet Onions
Kyle of Kansas City, Missouri loves his pork normandy recipe but hates the heavy cream sauce in the summer, and wants to lighten the dish up for hot weather.
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion, about 1 medium sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
Procedure: In a small deep skillet, melt about half of the butter. Add thinly sliced onion. Sauté over medium-low heat until onion is yellowed and tender. Add apple slices and remaining butter. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until apples are yellowing and tender. Add maple syrup, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Continue cooking until very tender and golden brown.